After getting frequent reports from numerous users, we decided to look into the issue and formulate a set of solutions that fixed it for most of our users. Furthermore, we also looked into the cause due to which this error is triggered and listed it below:
- Inaccurate Wi-Fi information: In majority cases, it is seen that the error is caused due to the incorrect entry of either the Wi-Fi password or the SSID. Roku is required to set up a secure Wi-Fi connection in order for it to function properly and if the information has been entered incorrectly it does not stream videos and this error is triggered.
- Cache: Few configurations are cached by the TV, Roku and the Internet Router that are used to reduce the loading times and to offer a better experience. Over the time these configurations might be corrupted due to which this error might be triggered.
- Mac Filtering: If the Mac filtering for your router is switched on, it is possible that the Mac id for your Roku device might be banned from using the internet by your ISP.
Now that you have a vague idea of the root cause of the problem, we will now move on towards the solutions. Make sure to imply these in the specific order in which they are presented to avoid any conflict.
REBOOT NETWORK CONFIGURATIONS
It is likely that the Wi-Fi password, SSID or other settings have not been configured appropriately. So, in this step, we will be reinitializing the Network Settings for Roku and then reconfiguring them. For that:
- Find your way to the settings menu on your TV with the help of the Roku remote.
- Open ‘System’ and Select “Advanced System Settings “option.
- click on Network Connection Reset” followed by “OK“.
- Enter the code that is displayed on the screen in order to start the reset
- Follow the instructions on the screen and the network configurations will be reset for your device.
- At the restart, you will be asked to connect to a network.
- Tap on the “Wireless” or “Wired” option depending upon your connection.
- Select your Wi-Fi from the list of the options.
- Enter the password for the Wi-Fi and choose the ‘Connect’ option.
- Wait till the connection is being established and check to see if the issue persists.
POWER CYCLING THE DEVICES
In certain cases, if the cache for one or more of the devices involved in this method is corrupted it can avoid the connection from being established. So in this step, we will be completely power-cycling the devices. For that:
- Detach“Roku” from the console and turn it off.
- Turnoff the console and the Internet Router.
- Unplug both of them from the socket.
- Push and hold the power buttons for 2 minutes at the same time they are unplugged.
- Plug them both in.
- Connect Roku to the console and enquire to see if the issue persists.
Hopefully, this article on What is roku error code 014.40 and How to fix it will help you steam your favourite content. We have provided you all possible tips to Roku Activation support. In case of any query or assistance required, you may contact us on our Toll Free Number + 1(800)717-2062 and our team of experts will get in touch to help you, at the earliest.